Announcing the Fables Buddy Read and Blog Tour!
We are doing a Buddy Read of the Fables graphic novels, by Bill Willingham. Anyone can join the discussion! We will read through the series at a rate of one volume every two weeks. Each volume is a little over 100 pages, and available through most libraries. Come join the fun!
If you blog, you can also join the blog tour. The discussion will move from blog to blog, hosted by different bloggers. All bloggers are welcome, whether you’re a graphic novel newbie, a comics guru, a fairy tale fan, or just curious. More details for interested bloggers are at the end of this post.
Please help boost the signal. Reblogs are welcome, of this information and signup post, or of individual discussion posts. New participants are welcome at any time, so please join us even if you missed the first few posts.
* Discussion posts assume participants have read up to the volume being discussed.
* All spoilers for events after the current discussion volume should be clearly marked and hidden when possible.
* All backgrounds are welcome: newbies, experts, and everyone in between.
Complete Reading Schedule & Blog Tour Info
We’re committed to going through at least 4 volumes, but will likely continue as long as we have interested participants and/or are enjoying the series. 🙂
How to join the blog tour:
1) Sign up to host here. Ask about date or volume preferences.
2) Come up with 2-3 questions for discussion.
The Fables Buddy Read will cover several volumes, so in depth or issue specific questions are encouraged. You’re welcome to match your questions to your own interests or blog focus. We want fresh viewpoints!
3) Post a discussion post on your blog on the assigned date.
Always link back to this main signup and information. Keep the focus on discussion for everyone. You’re free to share a short review at the end of your post if you’d like, but it’s not required. You do NOT have to be a dedicated book blogger to participate.
4) Encourage discussion. Respond to comments, ask follow up questions, encourage other opinions, etc.
Any other questions, please ask!